Date: Tuesday 26th September 2017
Venue: Oakwood Hotel, Shannon
Time: 08.00 am until 09.15 am (registration from 07.40 am)
Are you prepared for GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force in May 2018. It is the latest development in the current EU agenda to safeguard its citizens and their private information.
The GDPR introduces new rights for individuals and strengthens existing protections. This new regulation imposes stricter requirements on all business activities involving data. Whether you are a data controller or a data processor, the GDPR will have a significant impact on your business and the clock is ticking. The GDPR supersedes the existing Irish Data Protection Acts and expands the obligations already in place.
ulearning Skillnet and Shannon Chamber Skillnet in conjunction with Grant Thornton will be running a free workshop which will cover the following topics:-
- Overview of GDPR
- A breakdown of the Key GDPR requirements
- A discussion on the potential impact of those requirements on operations
- A discussion on the strategy that an organisation can implement in order to become GDPR compliant
- A practical discussion on GDPR and its impacts using existing case studies and in response to specific requirements of the attendees
- Specific focus on some key areas such as Data protection Impact Assessments, security breach notifications, data asset inventories, Data subject rights, and accountability
Booking can be made via Eventbrite here or by contacting Sue Davies on 061 363 418 or email email@example.com
- Bam! I woke up that morning with a pit in my st...
- Hundreds of students face putting their college...
- The first Japan Karate Association (JKA) World ...
- It was another very busy day on the Exam 2017 H...
- Atrociously poor family planning found me with ...