Become familiar with project management concepts and terminology and equip yourself with the tools to plan the scope and schedule for a project. Assuming no prior knowledge of project management, this course is ideal for the newcomer to the area. You will be provided with an overview of the project lifecycle. You will become familiar with the terminology needed to understand project managers and stakeholders. It will equip you with the tools to start Project Managing small projects.
(price includes refreshments and lunch)
For bookings or for further information contact Sue on DD: 061 363 418/M:086 0214825
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For whom is this course suitable?
This is very much an introductory course and, as such, is ideal for someone who is new to project management. Typically attendees will have experience working in projects but are only now at the stage of their careers where they need to manage and control them. It is also very suitable for project team members.
Upon completion of this course; you will:
- Master fundamental project management skills, concepts, tools and techniques
- Identify project stakeholders and map project deliverables to their needs
- Define and develop the project scope statement and Work Breakdown Structure
- Estimate project resources and durations
- Recognise when to use different estimation techniques and how to leverage existing data
- Be able to schedule project tasks and develop a project schedule
- Compress the schedule to meet stakeholders needs
- What are “projects”? “Projects versus Operations”
- The need for project management?
- The project life cycle
- Key stakeholders
- Exercise: Review of well-known project failures
- Project management process groups
- Project manager responsibilities
- Exercise: Stakeholders
- Scope planning & definition
- Work breakdown structure – WBS
- Exercise: Create a WBS
- Exercise: Estimation
- Schedules Planning
- Network Diagrams – Critical Path Method
- Exercise: Critical Path
- Fast Tracking
29 May, 2017 – Minister Bruton announces appointments to Caranua (the Residential Institutions Statutory Fund)Read more of this article at at Education.ie...
Community Knowledge Initiative at NUI Galway hosts major international conference on University-Community EngagementRead more of this article at at nuigalway.ie...
- Read more of this article at at nuigalway.ie...
- Staff members from Institute of Technology, Sli...
- Doing nothing about the “baptism barrier&...